PanPastel Colour Chart
PanPastel Basic Instructions
PanPastel Colours are professional artist grade soft pastel colours in a unique pan format (cake-like); so that they can be mixed and applied like paint. They have very little dust for a cleaner working environment.
All 80 PanPastel Colours are loaded with the highest quality artists’ pigments; they are made using a unique manufacturing process requiring minimal binder and fillers, resulting in a rich, ultra soft and low dust formulation. All of these professional quality colours are highly pigmented, have excellent lightfastness and are fully erasable.
This is what PanPastel say ...
PanPastel Colours are professional grade soft pastel colors packed in a unique pan format (cake-like) so that they can be mixed and applied like paint. They are very low dust for a cleaner working environment. All 80 PanPastel Colours are made using a unique manufacturing process requiring minimal binder and fillers, resulting in rich, ultra soft and low dust formulations. Only professional artists’ grade pigments are used for the most concentrated colours possible. The colours have excellent lightfastness and are fully erasable. Each pan contains 40%* more material than the average pastel stick, and yields approx. 4-5 times more coverage than sticks.
*Average, based on a survey of leading brands
PanPastel Colours are fully compatible with:
pastel sticks, pencils, markers, other artist’s colours and mediums for mixed media techniques
most art & craft surfaces (from delicate handmade papers to toothy pastel surfaces)
conventional spray fixatives
A Revolutionary New Way to Use Colour: Blend & Apply Dry Colour Like Fluid Paint
The Benefits of Using Dry Colours vs. Wet Colours:
- No drying time required – for colours, artwork or tools
- Instantly ready for use, always – just lift the palette lid and work immediately
- No solvents or water needed
- Use on delicate and lightweight papers without bleed-through or buckling
PanPastel offers the following advantages compared to pastel sticks:
- Very low dust: for a cleaner, more pleasant working environment
- Pan format: cake-like format enables pastel colour to be lifted and applied like paint
- Highly pigmented formulations: minimal binder/fillers means the finest pastel colours possible
- Ultra soft & rich: buttery, blendable colours
- Versatile: can be used on a wider variety of surfaces - very low-tooth delicate to high-tooth surfaces
- Jar packaging: holds the colour for easy organization and storage
For pastel painting and mixed media work use PanPastel Colours to:
- Quickly block in large areas of colour in seconds, e.g. for backgrounds and underpainting
- Achieve a more painterly effect in pastels
- Apply controlled marks – from intense strokes to delicate marks
- Build up multiple layers while controlling the surface “tooth” fill
- Apply ultra thin “glazing” layers & veils of colour
The colours can be mixed together, eliminating the need to invest in hundreds of colours for a complete painting palette.
PanPastel packaging protects the colours, keeping them separate and clean. Making them perfect for both studio work, and for traveling / plein air work.
The pans and storage jars (for Sofft Tools) interlock securely together making it easy to store and organize the colours and tools, minimizing the amount of storage space required.
Sofft Tools are a new range of contemporary tools for art & craft developed specifically for use with PanPastel Colours. Use Sofft tools to paint, draw and blend like never before.