Get stuck into a good book!
Learn painting and drawing techniques from great teachers at your own pace with an art instruction book. A book also makes a great gift, on its own or coupled with some art materials.
Jackson’s stock an broad selection of over 1000 titles of the best and most inspiring art instruction books covering most everything you need to know about making art and even art history and business. Our book titles cover a wide variety of subjects including: how to paint in oils, watercolour, pastels and acrylics; how to draw landscapes or the figure; mixed media and inspiration books.
To help you choose from our enormous selection we have made a list of the top art instruction books at Jackson’s this year.
Our Top 25 Books for Artists of 2014
- Painting in Pastels
by Robert Brindley
- Contemporary Botanical Illustration with the Eden Project: Challenging Colour and Texture
by Rosie Martin & Meriel Thurstan
This book is now out of print.
Three other botanical painting books by the same authors.
- Watercolours Made Easy 30-Minute Landscapes: Quick and Easy Lessons for Keeping Your Paintings Loose and Fresh
by Paul-Talbot Greaves
- Isms: Understanding Art
by Stephen Little
- Experimental Landscapes in Watercolour
by Ann Blockley
- Experimental Flowers in Watercolour
by Ann Blockley
- Linoleum Block Printing
by Francis Kafka
- Colour and Light in Watercolour
by Jean Haines
- Painting and Understanding Abstract Art
by John Lowry
- Painting With Acrylics: Tips and Techniques
by Arnold Lowrey
- Drawing and Painting Birds
by Tim Wootton
- Portrait Painting Atelier: Old Master Techniques and Contemporary Applications
by Suzanne Brooker
- David Bellamy’s Complete Guide To Watercolour
by David Bellamy
- Alla Prima: A Contemporary Guide to Traditional Direct Painting
by Al Gury
- Jean Haines Atmospheric Watercolours
by Jean Haines
- Wood Engraving and Linocutting
by Anne Hayward
- The Encyclopedia of Oil Painting Techniques
by Jeremy Galton
- Oil Painting Step-by-Step Book
by Noel Gregory, James Horton, Roy Lang and Michael Sanders
- Botanical Painting with Coloured Pencils
by Ann Swan
- Painting the Landscape in Pastel
by Albert Handell and Anita Louise West
- How to Paint Like the Old Masters
by Joseph Sheppard
- Block Printing: Techniques for Linoleum and Wood
by Robert Craig and Sandy Allison
- Drawing and Painting with Colored Pencil
by Kristy Kutch
- Acrylic Revolution: New Tricks and Techniques for Working with the World’s Most Versatile Medium
by Nancy Reyner
- Chinese Brush Painting SourceBook
by Jane Dwight
All Art Books on Offer
Save 20% off the already discounted cover prices on all books for artists.
Offer on through Dec 14th, 2014.
The Books For Artists Departments at Jackson’s:
- Painting and Drawing Books
- Artists Technical Reference Books
- Crafts and Textiles Books
- Mixed Media, Collage and Bookarts Books
- Sculpture and Ceramics Books
- Printmaking Books
- Inspiration and Creativity Books
- Art History and Criticism Books
- Art Business Books
- Art Books for Children
- Books with bonus DVD or CD
Click on the underlined links to go to the current offers on Books For Artists on the Jackson’s Art Supplies website.
Postage on orders shipped standard to mainland UK addresses is free for orders of £39.