Thank you for visiting our website – we hope you enjoy your shopping experience with us.
Jackson's are never knowingly beaten on price and we regulary check our competitor prices to make sure we offer the best prices.
We endeavour to provide our customers with the best possible value and service on our wide range of high quality art materials. If you do manage to find the same product at a lower price on a UK website just send us an email, or give us a ring, with details of where you have seen it and we will match and amend the price on your order. If you find a lower price within seven days of your purchase from Jackson’s we will credit your account for the difference.
*excludes clearance items, auction sites, non UK owned websites, and promotions exceeding 45% discount of RRP. Please also take in to consideration the postage costs.
All prices listed on our website are inclusive of VAT with the exception of VAT exempt products such as books. If you are purchasing goods to be delivered outside of the EU you are not required to pay VAT and this will be removed from your order total during the checkout process.
All content (text and images) on Jacksonsart.com is the property of Jackson's Art Supplies. If you would like to use some of our text or imagery please drop us a line, permission is nearly always granted for personal and educational, however commercial use is prohibited without concent and infringements will be taken seriously.
Jackson’s Art Supplies reserves the right to modify or withdraw (either temporarily or permanently) any amount of the website with or without prior warning.
If modifications are made without prior notification to our customers, it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they are aware of such changes, and by continuing to purchase affected goods you are expressing your acceptance of these changes. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the website and contact us.
Whilst Jackson's take good care to maintain the highest of standards of quality in their products, it is the customers responsibility to ensure that the goods purchased are suitable for their particular requirements and that the goods arrive in an acceptable condition. Many of our products are made from natural substances whose behaviour can vary in different environments. Their structure can also vary according to the process used in their assembly. Jackson's strive to maintain consistency and continuity in these matters and in no circumstances will entertain claims for the value of work alleged to have been adversely affected by use of any our products which prove to be unsatisfactory to the user. Our liability is therefore confined to the value of the goods alone.
Jackson's Art Supplies will aim to minimise risk of damage to products in transit through wrapping and packing as securely as possible. There are rare occurrences when damage is incurred to delivered orders in transit, and care must always be take to open parcels so as to avoid spillages, further damage to goods and/or damage to other property (carpets/clothing etc). Damage caused as a result of ill considered parcel-opening methods will not be compensated for by Jackson's Art Supplies.
Who are Feefo?
We currently employ an independent review company called Feefo to email customers on our behalf, asking for feedback on both service and the products they have purchased. This is to help us improve customer satisfaction.
How does it work?
Once you place your order with us, Feefo will send you an email, requesting feedback on the products and service you have received from Jackson's Art Supplies. Feefo will not contact you for any other reason. Their role within Jackson's Art Supplies' organisation is one of Data Processor, and as such they have no control over your contact details. Feefo are employed by Jackson's Art Supplies (the Data Controller) to use your contact details solely for the purpose of requesting feedback. Your feedback will appear on the Jackson's Art Supplies section of Feefo.com as well as on Jacksonsart.com (as part of the product information for the product that you have reviewed). All feedback remains anonymous online, although Jackson's staff is able to access your contact details so that they can respond to feedback where necessary.
How can they be trusted with my data?
Feefo are not a third party and have no ownership over the information passed to them. The data remains 100% secure. Feefo work with a large number of highly reputable online stores and have consistently proven to help online stores, including Jackson's Art Supplies, raise their online presence as well as inform customers of the real standard of service and products supplied, as reported by fellow customers with a 100% impartial opinion.
I do not wish to be contacted by Feefo, yet I still wish to buy my art materials from Jackson's. Is this possible?
Yes. There is no obligation to provide feedback - each email they send will invite you to opt out should you wish to. You can also email us at email@example.com and we can also instruct Feefo to stop contacting you.
Contract Creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required in creating the contract between you and us are as follows:
· You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
· We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered.
· As your product is shipped we will send you a dispatch confirmation email.
· The completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the dispatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have changed or cancelled the order by contacting us within 24 hours of placing the order.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
· The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
· Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
· The identification of a pricing or product description error.
· You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions.
All correspondence throughout the order process will be conducted in English.
If your item is not in stock, we will attempt to contact you. Your order may be delayed for up to 48hrs if we are expecting a delivery of the goods to our warehouse. Alternatively, if you wish, the out of stock item will be sent on at a later date, or you may choose an alternate item or it can be cancelled from your order. Out of stock items will be charged for at the time of the submitting of the order (unlike telephone and postal orders), but can be refunded for on request if the delay deems the products in question to be no longer required.
The estimated delivery dates shown on the website are derived from the estimated date of the next delivery due from the manufacturer of the product. This does not guarantee that the manufacturer has sufficient stock of this item and will deliver the item on this date.
Some items listed on our website are marked as ‘special order’ items and such products are not kept at our warehouse/s. If you choose to purchase one of these items there is likely to be a delay on your whole order until the special order item has arrived from our suppliers.
If you are looking for an item produced by a manufacturer that supplies other products that are for sale on our website, please get in touch as we may be able to special order the item in for you.
When taking goods out of the UK that were purchased for use outside the UK and if the goods leave the country within three months of the purchase, you can claim back the VAT you paid. You pay the VAT, fill out a form you request from us, take the goods through customs at the airport, they inspect the goods and post us back the form. It can take up to three months for them to process the paperwork and send it to us. When we receive the form from them we will refund the VAT. We now charge a £5.00 administration fee for the paperwork for this service. If this pertains to you please ask about this at the time you place an order.
We are happy to issue credit notes or refunds for any items with proof of purchase from Jackson’s Art Supplies that are returned in a saleable condition within 28 days of the receipt of your order. The return of such items is the full responsibility of the customer, and the goods must be securely packaged to ensure that they arrive back to us undamaged. Short-falls or order errors should be registered within 7 days.
We offer discounts for large orders. This is on a case-by-case basis but usually starts when the order reaches £175 and may not include all parts of the order. Teachers, art groups and professional artists often take advantage of this policy. Art groups can club together an order, so long as it is going to a single address in a single box.
To thank you for your custom we have implemented a new loyalty scheme, and it’s now live. Since the summer of 2012 we have been giving points with every order placed, so the good news is that if you have shopped with us since then a token of our gratitude is sitting in your loyalty account waiting to be used. On the website you can see your accumulated points and their value by clicking to view your account details in ‘My Account’. With every £5 you spend with us you will receive 50 points, which amounts to 5p off your next order. You can choose to let the points build up and treat yourself to a free tube of paint, or redeem your points each time you shop. We will run additional points’ related offers and promotions in the future, so look out for these online. Please note that points can only be used once and cannot be exchanged for cash.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Colour swatches that appear online will give a rough indication of the colour of the art supply listed, however due to the differing settings of computer monitors it is impossible to rely 100% on the accuracy of the image as viewed on screen. It is the risk of the purchaser to order unfamiliar colours, and the costs of any returns are the responsibility of the buyer if the actual colour is not appropriate for the customer's requirements. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted by us. We reserve the right to alter prices at any time. In the unlikely event that a price has been entered incorrectly on the website our customer service team will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of the correct price. You are under no obligation to continue with the order.
1. Gift vouchers can be exchanged for all goods sold by Jackson’s Art Supplies when posted in with an order. When an order is placed over the phone our sales rep will ask you for the handwritten number on the voucher you have received. Gift vouchers may also be redeemed in person at our sales counter at Farleigh Place, N16.
2. To redeem Gift Vouchers online please enter the code which appears on back of the voucher, in the "promotional code" field. Please note, only gift vouchers which were purchased after 22 March 2012 can be entered this way. Gift Vouchers purchased before this date will need to be entered in the "order comments" field after entering credit/debit card details for the full value of the order. The total will be adjusted manually, in the office before invoicing.
3. Gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
4. If your order’s value is less than the value of the gift vouchers you are using as payment, then a credit of the difference will be issued on your account for use as payment on subsequent orders.
5. Once you have given us the number of your gift voucher in relation to a payment of an order that gift voucher has been used and you will not be able to use the voucher again. For this reason we advise that you destroy all redeemed vouchers to avoid confusion.
6. If your gift vouchers have become accidentally damaged or lost, please contact customer services with details of the original purchase (date/postcode or customer number of purchaser) and we will be able to issue you duplicates.
7. If you decide to return the items you purchased with your gift vouchers, you will not receive a cash refund. A credit note will be issued on your account for subsequent orders. As with all returns, if you received the item in good condition but have changed your mind, it is the responsibility of the customer to secure a safe return and that the item/s is/are received by Jackson’s Art Supplies in a saleable condition. If a secure return is unsuccessful then you may not receive a full refund/credit for the goods.
8. Gift vouchers are valid for 2 years from date of issue.