Liberon : Wood Dye 250ml
Loading colour grid, please wait....
• Water based dye for interior wood work
• Suitable for use on floors
• Leaves the grain visible
• Suitable for use on both hard and soft woods
• EN 71 approved – safe for toys
• Approved by the Guild of Master Craftsmen
• Can be mixed with Liberon Natural Finish Varnishes
Liberon Palette Wood Dyes are ideal for dying / colouring all interior bare wood work around the home, whilst leaving the natural beauty of the grain visible. Palette Wood Dyes are suitable for both soft and hard wood and are EN 71 Part 3 Approved – safe for toys. Quick and uniform results can be achieved on large and small surfaces such as furniture, floors, doors, cupboards, frames and toys. Liberon Palette Wood Dyes are easy to use and come in a range of wood shades. The different colours can be mixed to vary the shade.
Ensure the surface is thoroughly sanded, bare and free from dust.
Shake well before use. If more than one tin of dye is required to complete the work, mix the tins of dye together to ensure a uniform colour. Apply the Palette Wood Dye fairly quickly along the grain using a foam applicator or brush. Wipe off excess with a clean, dry, cotton cloth before it dries to even out the colour. On large surfaces such as floors avoid overlap marks by working a small section at a time.
A second coat may be applied after 2 hours if a stronger colour is required. More than two coats of dye may affect the final finish.
Liberon Palette Wood Dye may be added to Liberon Natural Finish Varnish and Natural Finish Floor Varnish to create a range of coloured, water based varnishes.
Always test product on a spare or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result. Different types of wood produce different results. The colour bar may not be a true representation of the actual colour.
• Do not mix a water based dye with a spirit based dye.
• Wear gloves to avoid skin staining.
• Caution must be taken when using water based finishes over Liberon Palette Wood Dye. Keep brush strokes to a minimum as over brushing may lift out the colour.
• Do not allow to freeze.