Gel additive that thickens paint without adding transparency
- A thickening gel for water soluble acrylic paint and acrylic mediums.
- Used in small amounts, produces handling characteristics very close to that of oil or encaustic paint.
- At higher concentrations, can thicken paint or acrylic mediums to "cake" or sculptural consistency.
- Drying time will be between 24 hours to 7 days depending upon amount of Liquitex Liquithick added to acrylic paint or acrylic medium.
- Liquitex Liquithick does not increase transparency.
- Liquitex Liquithick produces a matte surface sheen when dry.
- Paint and medium shrinkage will occur in proportion to the amount of Liquitex Liquithick added.
- Contains a unique polymer
- Start by adding a very small amount of Liquitex Liquithick to acrylic paint or acrylic medium and mix well with a palette knife. The proper proportion will vary with color and desired effect.
- Proportions of 20 or 25 parts color to 1 part Liquitex Liquithick will change the handling characteristics.
- Continue adding Liquitex Liquithick slowly until the desired viscosity is achieved.
- Add only enough for desired effect and do not exceed 1 to 4 ratio as excessive shrinkage and cracking may occur.
- Liquitex Paint Additives are similar to acrylic mediums in that they are mixed into acrylic paint and acrylic mediums to change consistency, thickness, transparency, sheen, drying time and absorption rate. However, they are different in that they do not contain acrylic polymer emulsion.
|No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!|
|To use with||Acrylic|
|Size : ml||237 ml|
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Write Your Own Review
If you have used this product and would like to share your experience with other artists, please log in to leave a review