Miniatures are not simply small paintings: special techniques are used to achieve their unique glow and luminosity. This book explains how to paint in detail in a small format with colour and precision. Drawing on her extensive experience, Pauline Denyer-Baker shares her passion for painting miniatures, and inspires both beginners and more experienced artists to master and enjoy this historic art form.
- An introduction to the history and traditions of miniatures set by Holbein, Hilliard and Oliver
- The importance of drawing and sketchbooks
- Advice on materials, paints, bases and framing
- Step-by-step demonstrations of stippling and hatching, watercolour and oil painting, and colour mixing
- Focus on portraits, still life and silhouettes
- Work from leading artists with a range of styles and subjects
|INSIDE:||254 colour photographs|
|No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!|
|Quantity : Pack||Single|
|Books & DVDs : Subject||Technique|
|Books & DVDs : Medium||Theory|
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Write Your Own Review
If you have used this product and would like to share your experience with other artists, please log in to leave a review