This handbuilt, freestanding press is designed to print etchings and drypoint plates and is an ideal press for studio or educational use. It can also be used to pull prints from woodcuts and lino blocks. It is hand driven and has a bed of 18 x 36 inches. Also includes a 3mm felt blanket for use during the printing process. Specifications are as follows:
- 18mm Metal Plank
- Sturdy MS Channel Stand
- Spur reduction gear drive system
- 4" upper rollers
- Eccentric assemblies with bearing
- Bed stoppers
- Hand driven by star wheel
- Minute pressure reading scale and guard
- Kangaroo blue powder coated and galvanised finish
- Weight of 210kg with metal plank. Removing the bed plate makes carrying the press easier
- 3mm felt of 15 x 30" -2 Nos.
For a full description of the etching process see this graphic, created by Carola Barnaba at the DensityDesign Research Lab.
|Sub Brand||Ravi : Etching Press|
|To use with||Printmaking|
|Quantity : Pack||Single|