This handmade tabletop etching press is designed to print etchings and drypoint plates as well as woodcuts and linocuts. It is an ideal press for schools, fairs and home studios.
It features an adjustable upper roller for varying the applied pressure on the plate, and a serrated bottom roller, both of which are mounted on self-aligning bearings. The press is hand driven and is designed to be mounted on a table. It weighs 24kg and has a 12" x 18", 6mm thick Polymer Bed.
Full specifications are as follows:
- 12 x 18" Polymer bed table top
- Direct drive handle
- Adjustable upper roller for pressure setting
- Serrated bottom roller
- 6mm thick polymer bed
- Eccentric assemblies for easy sliding of bed
- Bed stoppers
- Both rollers mounted on self aligning bearings
- Hand driven
- Kangaroo blue powder coated and galvanised finish
- Weight of 22kg
- Also comes with a 3mm fine felt blanket of 10 x 15" for use during the printing process.
For a full description of the etching process see this graphic, created by Carola Barnaba at the DensityDesign Research Lab.
Manufacturer's instructions for use are as follows:
- Remove all packaging, tape and dust from the press.
- Select a hard surface of a suitable height and robustness to support the press.
- Affix the press to the surface with the bolt provided.
- Bring the upper roller to the top position by rotating the two screw lever anticlockwise (looking from the top). This will create the maximum clearance between the top roller and the bed of the press. Remove the bed from the press by sliding the bed out sideways from the press.
- Clean the upper and lower rollers with a solvent to remove dust, oil or grease from the rollers.
- Clean the bottom surface of the bed with the help of a solvent.
- Clear the guideways of the upper roller bearing unit with the help of a general purpose solvent.
- Apply some lubricant (oil or grease) to the guideways.
- Affix the wooden handle to the cranking lever with the nut and bolt provided.
- If the press is not going to be used for a month or more then, after cleaning the press, apply an anti-corrosive chemical to both rollers and to the screws, bearings and and guideways of the upper roller.
|Sub Brand||Ravi : Etching Press|
|To use with||Printmaking|
|Quantity : Pack||Single|