This professional tabletop press is designed to print etchings and drypoint plates as well as woodcuts and linocuts. It makes an economic and flexible press for school or home studio use. It features an adjustable upper roller for variable applied pressure and a serrated bottom roller, both of which are mounted on self-aligning bearings.
The press is hand driven, and has a 6mm thick polymer bed of 18 x 36 inches. Also includes a 3mm Felt blanket (15" x 30") for use during the printing process. Specifications are as follows:
- 18 x 36" Polymer bed
- Direct Drive System
- Upper rollers supported by high tensioned Quadra springs
- Serrated bottom roller
- 6mm thick polymer bed
- Eccentric assemblies
- Bed stoppers
- Star wheel
- Minute pressure reading scale
- Kangaroo blue powder coated and galvanised finish
- 3mm fine felt blanked of 15 x 30" -2 Nos.
- Weight 62kg.
For a full description of the etching process see this graphic, created by Carola Barnaba at the DensityDesign Research Lab.
- Remove all Packaging materials (tapes, oil-grease etc) from the press.
- Select a hard surface of a suitable height and robustness to support the press.
- Affix the press to the surface with the bolt provided.
- Bring the upper roller to the top position by rotating the two screws lever anticlockwise (looking from above). This will create the maximum clearance between the top roller and the bed of the press.
- Remove the bed lock from the side plate and remove the bed from the press by sliding it out sideways after taking up the pressure adjusting screws fully.
- Clean the upper and lower rollers with a solvent to remove dust, oil or grease from the rollers.
- Clean the bottom surface of the bed with the solvent.
- Clean the guideways of the upper roller bearing unit with the solvent.
- Apply a little lubricant (oil or grease) to the guideways.
- Fix up the wooden handle with the bolt and nut provided or attach the star wheel to the press with the cranking lever.
- If the press is not going to be used for more than a month, then after use apply an anti-corrosive chemical to both rollers, as well as to the guideways of the upper roller bearings and to the screws.
Some printmakers may need to transport their presses for demonstrations or teaching. Please note that this press can be more easily transported if the bed plate is removed.
|Sub Brand||Ravi : Etching Press|
|To use with||Printmaking|
|Quantity : Pack||Single|