At Jackson’s we have a huge selection of almost 1,000 inspiring art books to help you get the most out of your materials.
This list of our best-sellers is a handy guide to what’s been popular during the year. Botanical painting and printmaking were especially popular in 2016!
We are very proud of the competitive prices on our great selection of books for artists; we are usually the best price online! Why not browse our Book Department, filter your results using the tick boxes on the left side of the screen, and add a book to your materials order. Learn something new!
Top 25 Art Instruction Books of 2016
- The Modern Flower Painter: Creating Vibrant Botanical Portraits in Watercolour
- Linocut for Artists and Designers
- Botanical Illustration Course with the Eden Project
Rosie Martin & Meriel Thurstan
- Colour Mixing Bible
- Painting Light in Oils
Peter Wileman and Malcolm Allsop
- David Bellamy’s Skies, Light and Atmosphere in Watercolour
- Jean Haines’ Colour & Light in Watercolour: new extended edition
- Botanical Sketchbook
Mary Ann Scott
- Botanical Painting with Coloured Pencils
- Urban Sketcher: Techniques for Seeing and Drawing on Location
Marc Taro Holmes
- Collagraphs and Mixed Media Printmaking (Printmaking Handbook)
Brenda Hartill and Richard Clarke
- Experimental Flowers in Watercolour
- Watercolours Made Easy 30-Minute Landscapes: Quick and Easy Lessons for Keeping Your Paintings Loose and Fresh
- Encyclopedia of Printmaking Techniques
- Compendium of Acrylic Painting Techniques
- A-Z of Flower Portraits
- Acrylics Unleashed
- Experimental Landscapes in Watercolour
- Artists Journals and Sketchbooks: Exploring and Creating Personal Pages
- Jean Haines’ Atmospheric Watercolours
- Vibrant Acrylics
- Painting Water in Watercolour: 30 Minute Artist
- How to Paint Like the Old Masters
- Painting and Understanding Abstract Art
- Making Woodblock Prints
Merlyn Chesterman and Rod Nelson
Click on the underlined link to go to the current offers in the Art Instruction Books Department on the Jackson’s Art Supplies website.
Postage on orders shipped standard to mainland UK addresses is free for orders of £39.