Landscape painting is very popular among oil painters. The luminous, intense colour effects of this painting by Werner Maier are an excellent example of an impressionistic landscape painting in oils. He first paints a loose acrylic underpainting to work out his light, medium and dark tonal values. He then works out the painting with oil colours. Werner Maier painted this summery landscape using Schmincke Primacryl Acrylic colours and Schmincke Mussini Resin-Oil colours.
Summer Idyll at the Brook – oil painting with Mussini resin-oil colours
with Werner Maier
The materials that I used:
Schmincke Mussini finest artists´ resin-oil colours:
Titanium opaque white (103), Zinc white (102), Lemon yellow (216), Cadmium yellow hue (209), Indian yellow (223), Naples yellow deep (232), Cadmium red light (356), Translucent Magenta (363), Alizarin madder lake (347), Cobalt-cerulean blue (475), Royal blue deep (486), Ultramarine blue light (491), Indigo (478), Prussian Paris blue (490), Cobalt turquoise (498), Burnt Sienna (661), Raw Sienna (660), Attish Light ochre (656), Deep ochre (653), Yellowish green (530), Oriental green (535), Sap green (526), Natural Bohemian green earth (646), Natural burnt Umber (666), Vandyke brown (667), Cold grey 1 (784) and Ivory black (780).
• Schmincke Primacryl Acrylic Paints: Titanium White (101), Yellow Ochre (675) and Raw Umber (677)
• Schmincke Soft Pastel English Red (022D)
• A DaVinci brush for oil colours
• 80cm×60cm primed stretched canvas
About the artist
More Oil Painting Blog Articles about Mussini Resin-oil colours
- Special Historical Colours in Mussini Oil Paints
- Artist Dirk Schmitt’s Six Favourite Mussini Oil Colours
- Schmincke Mussini Oil Mediums
- Schmincke Mussini Oil Colours
- Grisaille Painting with Dirk Schmitt
Schmincke Oil and Acrylic Painting Materials at Jackson’s Art
Postage on orders shipped standard to mainland UK addresses is free for orders of £39.