In this time-lapse video, Paul Bell, winner of the BBC Big Painting Challenge in 2015, visited Jackson’s to paint a landscape using Jackson’s Artist Oil Colour. Watch as Paul creates a colourful, expressionistic painting of a field by the sea. Starting with blocking in the scene with diluted colour he then redraws the composition a few times as he works. Paul narrates what he is doing from the beginning to the end at key points in the painting.
You can read more about Paul Bell in our earlier interviews.
Paul Bell’s website http://paulbellart.co.uk
Painting materials Paul uses
Paul uses the following products in the video:
- Jackson’s Artist Oil Colours
- Jackson’s Procryl Brushes
- Jackson’s Fast-drying Oil Painting Medium
- Jackson’s Premium Cotton Canvas
- Jackson’s Vine Charcoal
- Jackson’s H-Frame Easel
- Jackson’s Carbon Steel Painting Knives
- JAS Plastic Brush Washer and Water Pot
- Alberto Thin Flat Bristle Brush 1.5 Inch