Good lighting is important for visual art work. In addition to simply being able to properly see what you are doing, the accuracy of the colour you are working with is important. That’s where Daylight Lighting is helpful – both for getting some light where you need it with lamps that have a clamp, floor stand or table stand, and for allowing you to see your colours accurately.
Daylight Lamps receive many 5-star reviews from Jackson’s artists!
Reduced eye strain
Daylight Lamps use full spectrum Daylight™ technology so your eyes will still be fresh at the end of the day. No headaches, no red-eyes, working under Daylight is as relaxing and natural as a walk in the park.
The best colour matching ever
Daylight™ allows you to see colours just the way they are.
All Daylight™ bulbs and tubes use 80% less energy and last 10-times longer. When you work with your lamp, you reduce your electricity bill and do your bit for the planet.
Even if you touch the shade or tube of your lamp by accident, you will be safe. All the bulbs and tubes use the Daylight™ low heat technology for ultimate comfort and safety.
At Jackson’s we have the following selection of useful Daylight Lighting for your studio or workspace:
- Daylight Floorstand lamps
- Daylight Table lamps
- Daylight Clip lamps including Easel Lamps
- Daylight portable task lamps
- Daylight magnification lenses
- Daylight Wafer light pad (lightbox)
- Daylight Replacement Bulbs
Here are some highlights from the Daylight range at Jackson’s:
At Jackson’s we stock two types of easel lamp that both clamp securely onto an easel or table – the ‘Artists’ Easel Lamp has a standard energy-saving bulb in a bell-shaped aluminium shade and the larger ‘Professional’ Easel lamp has a tube bulb.
Artists Easel Lamp
With a locking clamp to allow a sturdy connection to your easel or table and a flexible neck for directing the light just where you need it. It is supplied with a 20W energy-saving bulb with the equivalent of 100 watts of light.
The Professional Easel Lamp is a great artist’s tool. It comes with two clamps for easel or table use and it can easily be moved from your easel to a draughting table or work bench in a matter of seconds. Supplied with a Daylight bulb to reduce eye strain and glare and give you true colours. The flexible arm and multi-position joint allow easy positioning to direct the light exactly where you need it. This is a larger lamp with the head being 46cm long. It is supplied with a 24W energy-saving tube bulb.
Portable Task Lamps
The Daylight brand of artist’s lighting has produced three ranges of portable craft lamps: the Foldi with bright LED light which is battery powered or plugs into your computer; the Twist which has both a low-energy bulb version and an LED version; and the Freedom Rechargeable LED Lamp.
The LED Foldi Lamp features 30 Daylight LEDs to give you comfortable glare-free full-spectrum light. Foldi will give up to 8 hours of bright white light using batteries or unlimited light using the USB lead connected to your laptop (or other USB power source), making it the ideal travel office or studio lamp. With its slim design and smooth lines, the LED Foldi Lamp is truly functional and stylish.
– “I love using my new portable daylight light, it is easy to use, very light and easy to carry around. I don’t know how I managed with out it, it is such a useful asset. Thank you”
– “I bought this lamp to use for my needlework and am thrilled with it, it gives excellent true light without being too bright. It is really good quality and fold compact so fits in my sewing bag. Highly recommend this lamp.”
– “The case of the lamp has such a lovely feel to it and it comes with a bag to protect the case. The light is excellent for painting.”
– “Very compact, with good lighting. Just what I want when painting at the saloon table on our yacht which we will be living on shortly. Batteries, along with option of connecting to computer wonderful.”
• Width: 7.5cm (3″)
• Height: 23.3cm (9″)
• Depth: 3.3cm (1.5″)
• Weight: 0.5kg (1lb)
• Slim design, take it wherever you go, black protection bag included
• Battery powered, up to 8 hours of bright Daylight, requires 3 x AA batteries, included in the box
• USB powered to light up your computer or laptop area, Supplied with extra long 1.6m/5.25′ USB cable
• 30 full spectrum Daylight™ LEDs that make small text and colours jump out
• LEDs use very little energy and never need replacement
- “Easy-Twist” shade: Maximum work space, maximum light angle
- Choose 13w Daylight™ energy saving tube for best colour matching ever or LED version for no bulb replacement
- No stroboscope effect, no headaches with the “flicker-free” ballast
- Removable base to increase the stability of your lamp
- Lightweight and foldable, take Daylight™ with you wherever you go.
- White or satin silver
- Energy Saving Daylight LEDs
- The unique daylight lighting technology not only reduces eye-strain but also helps reduce greenhouse gases by consuming 75% less energy.
- Rechargeable long-life battery included, charge status indicator, know when your lamp is fully charged
- Dimensions: 30.6 x 18.6 x 13.6 cm
Daylight Wafer Light Pad – Ultra Slim A4 Light Box
The Wafer Light Pad is only 0.8cm (3/8″) thick. The tracing area measures 32cm x 23cm (12.5″ x 9″) – easily fits A4. The Wafer has dimmable LEDS and provides an even spread of light from edge to edge. It is powered by Mains/AC Adapter and is very low heat. Wafer is ideal for calligraphy, stencilling, scrap-booking, illustration, tracing and much more.
Daylight™ Replacement Bulbs
To keep the Daylight™ full-spectrum technology as part of your lamp be sure to replace your bulbs with Daylight™ bulbs and tubes.
In addition to being a useful tool for yourself a quality easel lamp, magnifying lamp, light box for tracing or portable craft lamp would make an excellent gift for many creative people.
Click on the underlined link to go to the current offers on Daylight Lamps and replacement bulbs on the Jackson’s Art Supplies website.
Postage on orders shipped standard to mainland UK addresses is free for orders of £39 or more.