Send cards that are extra special this Christmas!
Making your own Christmas cards is a festive way to start the holiday season and is something unique to share with your family and friends. Printmaking is particularly suited to greetings cards because you can make multiple copies from one design. You create the matrix on either an etching plate, a silkscreen, a lino or wood block and then print as many as you will need. You can also draw or paint individual cards with our ready-to-use blank greetings cards and envelopes. And we now stock Strathmore inkjet cards for making reproduction prints of your paintings to use as greetings cards.
We have a Printmaking Books Department that will help you get started with inspiration or instruction and we have a growing Printmaking Department with a variety of tools and inks to choose from, which now includes an Etching section and new Gelli Plates for monoprinting.
TOOLS AND INKS
• Lino Print: We carry a selection of Lino tools and inks for relief printing which works great for printing your own greetings cards. Lino-cut is a simple, inexpensive and fun way of making your own cards that can also double up as beautiful limited edition artworks! Lino-printing is a wonderfully effective and easy way to try printmaking in your home or studio. If you haven’t tried it before you might be surprised at the quality of the outcome. Everything in the Linocut Department is on offer at 10-20% off until Dec 31st.
• Italian lino cutting tools and sharpening stone from RGM
• A large variety of Printing Presses
• Speedball Screenprinting materials
• Georgian Block Printing Medium lets you take the oil paint you already have and turn it into relief printing ink.
• Screen printing sets for making cards, t-shirts or you can give the set as a gift itself.
• We are growing our Printmaking Papers selection.
• Inkjet papers for printing reproductions of your artwork as cards or reproduction prints.
• Blank watercolour paper greetings cards:– We carry blank watercolour greetings cards with envelopes in packs of 10 or 100. They have deckle edges and open in either a landscape format or a portrait format. They are a good price, as well. The paper is a NOT surface Fabriano watercolour paper but it works well for lino printing and it is convenient to have the paper already made into cards.
• Cartridge Papers- If you prefer smooth paper for printing on we have a number of possibilities. The Fabriano Accademia or Stonehenge multi media papers and the Winsor & Newton Cartridge Paper in smooth all work well and there are many more to chose from in the Cartridge Paper Department.
• Blank Inkjet Cards from Strathmore
TWO PRINTMAKING OFFERS
Linocut Department Offer
10 – 20% off our regular low prices
This includes lino cutters, safety tools, rollers, lino blocks and inks. Offer ends Dec 31st.
Yellow Owl Workshop Offer
Stamp sets, Carve Your Own Stamps and ink pads
Up to 28% off the RRP until Dec 1st 2013
Read about our range of Lascaux materials in this earlier blog post.
Read this earlier blog post about Caligo Safe Wash Etching and Relief Inkss.
Read about Schmincke Aqua Linoprint inks in this earlier post.
Here is a great tutorial / demonstration of linocut cards on the Painters Online website.
Postage on orders shipped standard to mainland UK addresses is free for orders of £39.
Click on the underlined links or on the images to go to the products on the Jackson’s Art website.