PanPastel Colours are professional artist grade soft pastel colours in a unique pan format (cake-like); so that they can be mixed and applied like paint. They have very little dust for a cleaner working environment. PanPastel have found that many of the features of PanPastels make them especially suitable for educational environments. They have made a list to explain the key benefits of PanPastel in education:
- Teachers can teach colour theory & painting with a “dry” colour medium
- Cleaner / much lower dust than traditional pastel sticks
- Students can share the colours (unlike sticks) when using their individual Sofft Tools
- The palette trays make setting up the colours, and cleaning up at the end of class, very quick and easy. Just put the lid on the tray with the class is finished.
- PanPastel Colours are very mixed-media friendly so students can combine PanPastel with other media such as pencils, markers, etc
They have kindly created a handy ‘PanPastel Lesson Plan – Facial Features’ for art teachers which you can see below and also download the lesson plan as a PFD for printing: PanPastel Lesson Plan – Facial Features
Click on the underlined link to go to the current offer on PanPastels on the Jackson’s Art Supplies website. Postage on orders shipped standard to mainland UK addresses is free for orders of £39.