Drawing the Nude is an exciting approach to drawing the human body. Divided into three parts, on structure, anatomy and observation, it introduces a set of principles and develops a treasury of ideas for the artist to follow. Whilst recognizing the importance of observation, it focuses more on a conceptual understanding of the construction of the body in anatomical terms. In doing so, it encourages the cultivation of more informed observation and accommodates those who work from memory, imagination and invention.
- Draws elementary forms that can then be distorted, transformed and combined, leading on to compound forms
- Explains the use of light and shadows to express form
- Explains the gesture of the figure through short drawings that analyse the flow of movement through the body
- Studies the musculo-skeletal form and provides a set of tools for analysing its parts
- Uses direct and concise drawings, alongside images of digital sculptures of human anatomy
- Gives practical instruction relevant to both the novice and the experienced figure artist, as well as those working within the visual effects and game industries
ISBN: 9781847978240 PUBLISHED: 09/01/2015 PAGES: 144 BINDING: Paperback SIZE: 280x220 mm INSIDE: 199 colour images
|Quantity : Pack||Single|
|Books & DVDs : Subject||Anatomy|
|Books & DVDs : Medium||Theory|
|Books & DVDs : Author/Artist||Stuart Elliot|
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Write Your Own Review
If you have used this product and would like to share your experience with other artists, please log in to leave a review