Acrylic Gel Medium
- Dries to a gloss finish.
- Viscosity and body similar to Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Color.
- Dries clear to translucent depending on thickness of application
- Ideal medium to mix with Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic Color to extend paint, increase the brilliance and transparency of color, without changing the thickness of the paint
- Mix with Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Color to obtain paint similar in color depth to oil paint
Application As An Extender:
- Mix with Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Color to extend volume and increase transparency, while maintaining paint viscosity.
- Mix with Liquitex Soft Body Artist Color to extend volume and increase transparency, while increasing paint viscosity.
Application As A Ground:
- Use as transparent ground for acrylic paint instead of gesso to allow substrate to be seen. To prevent Substrate Induced Discoloration (SID), wash cotton or linen canvas before use.
- When applying Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium to raw canvas, use adequate pressure to force the medium into the canvas weave to insure proper bonding between the gel and canvas.
Application for Collage:
- Excellent adhesion for collage and decoupage.
Application Using Powdered Pigments:
- Use as the binder for powdered pigments to make an inexpensive "student grade" Heavy Body (thick) gloss acrylic paint or achieve unusual paint films. Pigment must be compatible with acrylic emulsion.
View PDF Liquitex Gloss Gel Safety Data
|No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!|
|To use with||Acrylic|
|Size : ml||237 ml|
- Review by Feefo