There is no water within the formulation of Artisan. The linseed oil and safflower oil vehicles have been modified to allow the colour to accept water, creating a stable emulsion, while retaining the working characteristics of conventional oil colour.
Artisan is ideal for:-
- Oil painters who are sensitive to, or simply want to avoid exposure to solvents such as white spirit (mineral spirits) or turpentine.
- Students and teachers in schools and colleges where the use of oil colour is prohibited because of the solvents.
- Artists working in shared studio space where the build up of solvent levels could lead to a harmful concentration of vapours and a generally an unpleasant odour.
- Artists who work within a small home environment and wish to reduce the odour of oil painting.
- For travel, all Artisan products (Colour & Mediums) can be transported on aeroplanes (subject to the agreement of the airline).
- The range has also been formulated with a high proportion of single pigments for brilliance of colour and clean colour mixing. The most suitable oil and methods for dispersion have been selected to bring out the individual characteristics, from opacity to natural transparency, of each pigment in the Artisan range.
|No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!|
|To use with||Watermixable Oil|
|Size : ml||200 ml|
There are currently no reviews for this product.